Monday, May 3, 2010

knits

Thursday was real summer - 28 degrees. Now there are six, and it's gray and drizzling. The radiators are back on, and sweaters and hot chocolate are in demand again. As if to satisfy a craving, I had another look at the queen of knits' latest runway. Made me feel warm inside. So, ladies and gentlemen, Sonia Rykiel, Fall 2010. White tights and chunky cardigan dresses. I hope this hits the mass market; it would be a good follow-up to the dress-length vests.

Are they too BCBJ? I suppose they would go with a sneaker-boot as well, particularly if a little oversized (the cardigans, not the boots). Oh, and different tights, of course (white is hopelessly BCBG in this context). Something grayish or beige would be the right hue of geeky.

I also like the loose asymmetric sweater, and the stripes with the changing color scheme.







No comments:

Post a Comment